Monday, February 28, 2011

March Stamp of the Month Bloghop

I can't believe it's March already!  The weeks just seem to be flying by.  I'm excited to again be participating in the  Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  This month's stamp set is called Sensational Season, and is perfect for Easter, baby cards or spring thinking-of-you-cards, or for anyone who loves rabbits or Beatrix Potter (that would be me).


Thanks for stopping by for a peek.  If you came here from Shannon's blog, you've arrived at the right place.

On my card I used the new paper pack, Sweetheart.  I didn't want to color in  the entire rabbit, so I made a stencil for the dress.  It was not too bad to cut out.  Also, I like the softness of the look of the sponging. 


I LOVE Waxy Flax.  I always use it in my buttons.  (One of my team members says "No naked buttons.")  I like how it stays put when you thread it through a button (no need to tie knots). and they come in a bunch of different colors.  My favorite is Colonial White, because the white thread goes with almost everything.


I also tried coloring the apron in.  I added polkadots by hand.


On this one I stamped the bunny on a piece of patterned paper and cut it out.
Decisions, decisions...  I like the stenciling idea because you can easily make multiples of the card.  Have fun experimenting!





Supplies Used:
Sweetheart paper pack (X7134B, $12.95) 
Sensational Season (D1454, $22.95) - Stamp of the Month
Crystal Blue Card Stock (1292, $9.50 for 24 sheets)
White Daisy Card Stock (1385, $9.50 for 24 sheets)
Cotton Candy Stamp Pad (Z2193, $5.25)
Crystal Blue Marker (Z2317, $2.95) 
Desert Sand Marker (Z2318, $2.95)
Bamboo Marker (Z2303, $2.95)
Baby Pink Marker (Z2302, $2.95)
Creme Brulee Marker (Z2367, $2.95)
Sponge Daubers (Z726, $3.95 for 3)
Colonial White Mini-Medley Accents (Z1276, $4.95)
Waxy Flax - Crystal Blue (Z1247, $3.95) 
Glue Dots
White Gel Pen (for the trim on the apron)


 Now, hope on over to Wendy's blog to see what she has in store for you.

9 comments:

LeAnne

What a sweet bunny, nice job!

Annette Green

Love the idea of stenciling and sponging a portion of a stamped image. I'll have to give it a try. It's such a nice soft look.

Paige Dolecki

Great job on the bunny dress - I really like the streaks on the blue part done with marker!

Sheila Bennett

Very pretty card. Really like the colors that you used - such a nice change from so many pastel, traditional springtime colors.

Haley D.

Great coloring technique and color combo!

Mary Eisen

Great Card! Love the colors

Nalazoo

Pretty color combination - would make a lovely birthday card. Nice job!

Krista Ritskes

So pretty, love your colouring.

Kathleen

Oh my gosh this is SO adorable!!