Saturday, April 30, 2011

May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

Hi, everyone.  So sorry I've been absent.  I was getting ready for my Stamp/Scrap Garage Sale today.  It went really well, there were lots of deals to be had.  I still have some stuff available, so let me know if you're interested in picking up goodies...

Today (hooray!) is the May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  If you've arrived here from Wendy's Blog, you've come to the right place.

This month's stamp set is called Chairs To You (funny, isn't it?).  It's got 6 different chairs, plus some nice sentiments.  If you haven't seen the set yet -- here it is!



The first card I came up with was inspired by the "window" at Nordstrom.  They had a bunch of circles, and one different one.  I love to look at the window displays, because they are flat and are always showing the latest color combinations and styles. 



The other thing I considered doing with this card was taking the green button off completely and leaving an empty space there ... and having the the sentiment be "Missing You."  I popped the sentiment up with foam mounting tape.


Supplies Used:  
Chairs To You (SOTM) (D1456, $22.95)
Creative Basics Wings Collection (X5812, $7.95)
Designer Buttons - Wooden (Z1387, $5.95 for 24 wood buttons)
Buttons - Green Assortment (Z1372, $5.95)
Colonial White Card Stock
Sweet Leaf Card Stock
Olive Card Stock
Cocoa Stamp Pad
Chocolate Waxy Flax (Z1088, $3.95)
Foam Mounting Tape

The second card I made I was trying to use those crazy chairs!  I stamped them and cut them out.  I thought that they looked like soldiers, when I put them all in a row, so I made them 'jaunty.'  It also reminds me of the Haunted House at Disneyland, where they chairs float in the air...  Odd, how my mind works.



I used the new Creative Basics Wings Collection.  I thought the stripes looked like wall paper.  So then, I decided to use the new Kraft Color Ready Borders for the "chair rail."  It's nice, because they are self-adhesive.  There's a LOT of them in a pack.  I got my pack in the Miracle Workshop Kit.  (Love it, because it has the pinwheel stamp set!).

Supplies Used:
Chairs To You (SOTM) (D1456, $22.95)
Creative Basics Wings  Collection (X5812, $7.95)
Miracle Paper Pack (I used the Workshop, so I got the borders and the stamp set in it...G1023, $29.95)
Kraft Color-Ready Borders (Z1377, $5.95)
Cocoa Stamp Pad
Colonial White Card Stock
Mocha Opaques (Z1333)
Sweet Leaf Marker
New England Ivy Marker
Parchment Marker
Sky Marker
Bamboo Marker
Foam Mounting Tape

Now, Hop On Over to Traci's Blog to see what kind of creativity she has to share with you!

If you want to check out the Stamp of the Month in person, come to a card class!  The next ones are Fridays, May 20 & 27 at 6:30 and Thursday, May 26 at 10am.  Can't come to a card class?  Order online!  It's all good.  :)   Plus, you can check out the National Scrapbooking Month special, too!  Call (425.255.3731) or email me to rsvp






10 comments:

Paige Dolecki

Your button card is adorable!
Paige

Wendy Coffman

Love the buttons and the extra ideas!

Traci Pasqualone

Both cards are fun - love the button card! So clever!

Kathleen

Cute cards! I SO love the Wings CB papers and liked your creative buttons!

Haley D.

Love your cards! I am so lifting the button card!

Lisa Sargent

Thanks for your compliments. I was a little baffled by the chair stamps...but I like the sentiments in this set. LOVE those store windows for inspiration!

Karen Day

Love both your cards, but the button one is a really cute idea! Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

Lorrinda

Great cards! Your button one really stands out:) Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

Jessica

That button card is fabulous, so creative love it. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Melinda Everitt

Great use of buttons! The color of the buttons works great with the paper. Thanks for joining us at H2H!